NZ Concrete Contractors Association
The requirements to be a Member are a high standard of knowledge and practical experience which must be demonstrable, both in terms of workmanship and business acumen. A NZ Concrete Contractors Association Member must abide by the Code of Ethics of the Association and be professional in all aspects of their business conduct.
To lead and promote concrete contractors within the industry by raising the standard and profile of our concrete contractors, and supporting our members into the future.
The NZCCA will promote, develop and represent the interests of concrete contractors by working in collaboration with stakeholders through assisting in development and growth within our industry.
Strive for Excellence
Both professionally and personally by being fair and honest in all of our dealings.
Keep our People Safe
By working with industry advocates to provide our members with information and resources.
About our industry – the work we do and the people in it.
Working cohesively to achieve our goals.
Through mentorship and guidance – of the Board, our members, our clients and the public.
Our Code of Ethics
- As a member of the New Zealand Concrete Contractors Association (NZCCA) you are required to observe and comply with the Rules and Bylaws of the Association, including the Code of Ethics set out in this part.This code sets out the general standard of conduct to which all concrete contractors must adhere. It shall apply to all members individually and collectively. Any breach or failure by a NZCCA member to abide by these may result in the member being disciplined in accordance with the disciplinary procedures of the Association as set out in these Bylaws.
- A NZCCA member shall comply with all requirements of the Association.
- A NZCCA member shall maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and integrity.
- A NZCCA member shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that his partners, employees and subcontractors conduct themselves and carry out their work to a standard substantially the same as that required of a NZCCA member.
- A NZCCA member shall conduct himself and his business so as to uphold and improve the dignity, standing and reputation of concrete contractors, the Association and the members of his Association.
- A NZCCA member shall keep proper accounts and conduct his financial affairs in accordance with the terms of trade agreed between him and the trade suppliers or subcontractors, so as to remain solvent at all times.
- A NZCCA member shall conduct his business with dignity and in the spirit of fidelity, fairness and impartiality. Should a member be charged with unethical practice, he shall voluntarily place all pertinent facts before a proper tribunal of the Association for investigation and judgement.
- A NZCCA member shall conduct his business with due regard to the best standards of workmanship, integrity and courtesy. A NZCCA member shall be friendly, fair and tolerant and shall do nothing calculated either directly or indirectly to injure maliciously, falsely or unjustly the professional or personal reputation of another NZCCA member or member of an allied trade or profession.
- A NZCCA member shall not comment on the work or the fees charged by another NZCCA member unless in the course of his professional duties he shall be required to review the work of another NZCCA member or other person, in which case he shall use his best endeavours to obtain all facts and present his findings fairly, impartially and without bias. However, it is the duty of every member to maintain the standard of the industry by referring to his Association any breach of conduct which may appear to bring discredit on the Association or its members.
- No member shall consciously endeavour to attract or offer employment to an employee of a fellow member without first having advised the fellow member. This is not to be construed as prohibiting negotiations with anyone who of his own initiative or in response to public advertisement applies to a member for employment.
- A NZCCA member shall not misrepresent his professional qualifications or give advice which is not fully in accordance with normal professional standards.
- A NZCCA member shall not obtain work by improper means.
- A NZCCA member shall not knowingly prepare any statement which is false, incorrect or misleading or open tomisconstruction by reason of the misstatement, omission or suppression of material, fact or otherwise.
- A NZCCA member shall ensure all his contracts and agreements are in writing for the protection of all parties. A member shall not disclose or discuss information obtained at meetings or by correspondence with non- members.
- All members shall be loyal to the Association and wherever possible take an active part in the work of the Association, attend and participate at meetings and generally further the interests of the Association and its members.
- All members must comply with the Fair Trading Act.
- The Board will be required to represent the Association throughout their term at all meetings as required.
- When representing the Association, the interests of the Association must be first and foremost.